Category Archives: progress update

The dragon’s pursuit

Part 2 of the blind man’s dragon is now available on the amazon kindle store.  $1.  Enjoy. You may find it here. 

Posted in progress update | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

AR-15 Firing Video

Video of me shooting the AR-15 with printed lower and grip/stock. It didn’t explode, didn’t jam(when I had the clip in all the way), and didn’t break through 400-500 rounds.  Now to clean it.

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | 7 Comments

AR-15 Assembled

  I finally assembled the AR lower into a (mostly) complete rifle.     The printed stock and lower is only partially printed, as i had to split it into several pieces to fit on the bed.   Here you … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | 13 Comments

AR-15 Grip and Stock in Print

So the first part of the AR-15 grip and stock combined part has printed successfully.  An initial prototype revealed some design flaws made by my altering the geometry of the grip itself by angling it back 15 degrees from normal. … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

AR-15 Grip and Stock

So the two-part lower receiver for my AR-15 is coming along.  To support the buffer tube I have designed and modeled a grip and stock in one-piece.  The grip should lend strength to the stock and buffer tube area.   … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | 3 Comments

AR-15 Two-part lower

After my AR-15 failed structurally in the buffer tube area, I decided to alter the model and print the lower receiver in two parts.  This allowed me to tweak the detail settings on the buffer tube threads, without worrying about … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

AR-15 lower failure, new spools.

Decided to go the cheap route and get an AR-15 lower with a .22LR upper, so I could put several thousand rounds downrange for a fraction of the cost of 7.62 ammo(as my AR-10 would use).  Here it is, fully … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, Printing, progress update | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

AR10 Lower V2

I did some work on the AR10 model, increasing the surface area in contact with the printbed, so it will adhere better to prevent warp. Here it is with all the parts installed.  The rear takedown pin fractured the case … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , | 5 Comments

AR10 Lower assembled

I successfully assembled an AR10 lower receiver(mostly). I skipped some of the tiny parts due to minor errors in the printing/support-removal. I’m going to try printing it with the other side up and maybe turn it to the other side. … Continue reading

Posted in Guns, progress update | Tagged , , , | 5 Comments

LED Matrix completed

Finished up the soldering last night. All light function properly, and the board is now nestled in it’s enclosure. I quickly build a fairly simple animation for it. Video below: Shannon wrote a pattern. Here it is.

Posted in progress update | Tagged , | Leave a comment