I’ve made some substantial improvements to the power armor costume for FI. Instead of pull-type gas springs(for closing storm doors) I have now installed push-type gas springs(for opening cabinet or vehicle doors vertically).
You can see both up and down positions in the pictures below.
I’ve added brackets to the base of the armor which hold it upright when i’m not wearing it, a very useful added feature! I’m very happy with how the bends came out on the back end of those brackets. Here is a close-up and a shot of my white-trash metal bender.
Yes, it’s 1.5″ PVC pipe clamped in a bench vise.
More improvements and changes to come for the power armor.